NANA has arranged discounted pricing for modules that will help members meet the new CPC requirements which are now in effect. Here is information about the requirements and the special offer from NANA,
Things to Know About the CPC Program:
- CPC replaces the former “recertification” program for CRNAs
- Based on 8-yr periods, comprised of two 4-yr cycles
- Went into effect Aug. 1, 2016
- For first 4-yr cycle (until Aug. 1, 2020), completion of Core Modules is optional. Starting with second 4-yr cycle (which for some CRNAs began Jan. 1, 2020 and for others will begin January 1, 2021), they will be required.
- Every 2 yrs, CRNAs are to check in through online process known as 2-Year Check In. Purpose of the Check-In is to confirm current licensure and active practice, update contact information, and pay $110 credentialing fee.
What You Need to Do to Meet CPC Requirements:
- Completion of 60 Class A credits per 4-yr cycle (assessed CE)
- Completion of 40 Class B credits per 4-yr cycle (qualified professional development activities). You can count Class A credits beyond 60 hours toward meeting Class B requirement.
- Completion of 4 Core Modules per 4-yr cycle
- Airway Management Techniques
- Anesthesia Equipment and Technology
- Applied Clinical Pharmacology
- Human Physiology and Pathophysiology
- CPC Assessment must be taken every 8 years (This will have no impact on certification provided there is successful completion of additional CE in areas where performance standard is not met.)
- Check In required every 2 yrs. Your due date is based on the month you initially certified. Check-In window will open 3 months before your Check-In deadline.
How NANA Can Help You:
- You will be able to purchase discounted CPC modules through NANA to meet your CPC requirements. The modules are being made available through APEX Anesthesia Review are regularly updated. NANA members will be provided with a unique code that you may use to access a set of 4 modules. Details of this offer are as follows:
- You will get a total of 24 Class A credits for completion of the four modules
- Cost is $225 for the set of four if you purchase them in conjunction with registering for NANA conference
- Cost is $245 for the set of four if you order through NANA but are NOT registering for a conference
- You may access and begin to study the modules at any time and will have unlimited access to study and complete for 12 months after you start.
- An extension on the 12-month completion window may be requested from APEX.